what is torque-vectoring all wheel drive?Top
Torque-Vectoring all wheel drive system monitors vehicle speed, wheel speed, gear position, steering angle, yaw rate, lateral G forces and other inputs, and automatically adds torque to the outside rear wheel in corners to make the car turn quicker.
Examples of Torque-Vectoring all wheel drive systems:
- Honda's Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive (SH-AWD)
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's Active Yaw Control system
- Audi's quattro evolutions
- Ricardo Cross-Axle Torque-Vectoring system - works on both front and rear wheels (new Audi A4 and A5??? not confirmed)
- German transmission and driveline company ZF's Vector Drive system (used anywhere?)
Read more: http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/automotive_news/4225886.html
You have better pictures or videos of What Is Torque-Vectoring All Wheel Drive? that you can contribute? Please send them to !